Friday, September 12, 2008

miraculum!

So last night I met up with this huge group of expats at the Menzies Piano Bar in the CBD. Unfortunately, I got there late (the buses here are never on time), and had plans to leave early, so I only had time for a few "Hi! My name's _____. I am from _____. Where are you from? When did you get here? How long will you be staying? What do you do?" conversations, but I did get to catch up with some of the folks I met last week at the Paddington Inn, so that was nice.

Left to get dinner and drinks a few blocks away with Jo and Johno, friends of Shara and Webber that I met last week also. I'd been craving Korean food for a while, which was great because that's what I got. First time drinking soju, and I know now not to have it after a few gin & tonics.

This morning I woke up feeling pretty tired, but the sun was shining and there was no way I was going to miss my ballet class, so I got myself out the door. It Was So Hot Outside. On the one hand, thank god, but on the other, wearing a long-sleeve leotard and tights underneath jeans and a long-sleeve shirt, and sweater, is not fun when you have any physical activity to do. So I took the bus to Cirqular Quay and walked to the wharf in the Rocks where the Sydney Dance Company is. Class wasn't that great because even though it was only Intermediate level, there were a lot of very advanced dancers in class, so I had a lot of trouble keeping up even though I knew all the steps. Next time I'll stick to the Elementary level, which is probably more my speed, or Beginners, to really focus on my muscle training and stretching.

On my walk back to Cirqular Quay, I cooled off with a mango shave ice and wandered through the Rocks outdoor market which is set up every weekend. I was hoping to find cool things for my family (hi, family!), but nothing caught my eye today. Then home for a shower and a change, and I am so happy to be in a sundress right now. It's a perfect Spring day. I packed up my laptop for a journey and walked through Kings Cross, down Darlinghurst Rd. to Macleay St. There's a small farmers' market at the El Alamein fountain every weekend, so I got lunch from one of the stands there. Piping hot Turkish gozleme with the works (beef, cheese, spinach, mushrooms, capsicum) made fresh while I watched. Delicious!

Now I'm sitting in this little park next to the Elizabeth Bay house and it looks like everyone from the neighborhood is out to enjoy the warm sunniness today. This is lovely.

2 comments:

penix said...

NO IT'S NOT IT'S FRIGGIN HOT I HATE SUMMER

Kat said...

You are wrong.