Monday, September 15, 2008

dos semanas

So, I've been here a full two weeks now! I'd write a more thoughtful entry but I have a headache and just want to lay on the couch and watch 90210. I got up and worked out, and then I wanted to get down to George St. to see the "welcome home Olympians!" parade but I was too late. I did see all the confetti on the sidewalks! Maybe there'll be a parade when the Paralympians get back and I can make it to that one.

[Sidebar: Australian Idol is on TV right now and the judge just said to a contestant, "Right now people only see you as the Asian guy with the great voice, no one knows your name." More things you couldn't say on TV in the U.S.]

Anyway, since it was lunchtime and I was down at Cirqular Quay having missed the parade I decided to take the ferry to Manly beach. It was warm and beautiful but insanely windy. After an unfortunate lunch, I laid on the cool sand and enjoyed the feel of the sand between my toes. In light of recent events, I remembered to enjoy the gift of today.

On my way back to the ferry to head home, a gorgeous blonde woman named Crystal stopped me and asked for my help. And that's how I because a hair model! She's an aspiring stylist at Toni & Guy and needed a head to give a wash and blowdry to so she could be tested on it. I haven't been blown out in a long time and man is it a nice luxury. When I'm rich and famous I'm going to have someone on staff to blow out my hair every day. But the poor thing was so nervous about wanting to get it perfect that she burned my neck a little. She passed her test though!

So, I'm home, I bought some mini fruit pies from Pieface (the cutest/yummiest snacks around), and I'm ready to rest. Non sequitur: when I'm rich & famous, I'm also going to use exclusively Lush brand soaps/shampoos/lotions/etc. I can't think of a smell I prefer to a Lush shop. Freshly baked bread only wins when I'm hungry.

1 comment:

valueplus said...

hell yea! getting your hair done by the tony and guy apprentices is the best, and so cheap.

please write a post on some of the un-PC things you have heard australians say!