Friday, January 23, 2009

creepy-faced carny fun


It's 102 degrees Fahrenheit today! Plus some steamy humidity! So, I'm going to go jump in the pool in a few minutes. Last night Jono agreed to go to Luna Park with me, despite years of regarding it as a less-than-worthwhile way to spend an evening, but we ended up having a delightful time. I've seen it sitting on the edge of North Sydney for as long as I've been visiting Sydney, and it was never open for business when I was a kid, so I decided I wanted to go, once and for all.

Jono and I met at Circular Quay and took the ferry just across the Harbour to the familiar creepy smiling face. It was your pretty typical carnival/fair type of attractions, but we got unlimited passes (which are cost effective if you go on at least three rides) and had a delightful couple of hours. I suppose if we'd gotten there a little earlier we could have gone on some more rides (because there were some annoying queues, but nooothing like at amusement parks in L.A.). We went on the Rotor (one of those cling to the wall using centrifugal force rides) and the merry-go-round, then went into the "Coney Island" area to ride the giant slides. We went on the tango twirl (just a spinny rollercoaster thing), but the park was closing as we got off of that ride, so there was no time to go on the Ferris wheel. Here are many photos (this was kind of a coupley photo-shoot, so brace yourself -- click to view full size):

No comments: