Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm dreaming of a HOT Christmas

Milk and cookie for Santa:

It has been a packed few days. I was super busy in the days leading up to Christmas, preparing gifts and knitting and mailing and etc. etc. etc. On Christmas Day I spent the morning at the Lee house, and went to Jono and Jo's stepdad's family's house for Christmas lunch. It was tasty foods, and Jo and I went a little crazy decorating the sugar cookies I'd baked the night before.

Then, the three of us went down to Bondi Beach on the train (then the bus). We weren't sure how it was going to go. Thankfully we got there at around 5pm, so the weather was very comfortable, and the crowds were totally manageable. Just as we got off the bus, it seemed as though there were going to be way too many people. But as it turned out, security personnel were checking bags to make sure that no one brought alcohol onto the beach itself, so all the drunken revelers were on the grassy area between the sand and the street. There were many people, tourists and Australians alike, in swim suits and santa hats, and we had some good times splashing about in the ocean.

On Boxing Day, I had my friends over for a potluck and a swim. I had a really good time. We swam, sat in the jacuzzi, and then enjoyed the sauna for a bit. Then we ate leftovers and tasty foods, drank homemade egg nog (I am going to perfect the recipe and make it a holiday staple - SO delicious), and opened our Secret Santa gifts. And had Christmas crackers! I invited Mary, Amy's friend from studying abroad in India, who was totally cool. I love pool parties.


The next day I went with Jono and Jo to another pool party, and have been having a very summery time. I have a lot of plans of things to do this week, and will update as they happen. Last night I went to Govinda's and saw "The Wackness." I have to update my other blog about the movies I've seen in theatres lately, but I've been weirdly busy! And I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for New Year's Eve!

No comments: