Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah...

...Spooky, scary! Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

(Once again, you have to right-click on the photos to see them full-size.)

So, last Friday I had my eagerly-awaited Halloween party! I spent all week decorating and baking, and I think it was well worth it! We sat around and played drinking games while the "spooky sound effects" CD played on loop. Because Halloween is mostly a non-issue here, I got quite a few funny looks in the elevator and lobby of my building. Just because my head was cut off doesn't mean I'm some kind of freak. Yes, I dressed as some sort of zombie '50s housewife. Here is a photo after much of my blood had flaked off.


The dedication of the Aussies to their costumes was so cool, and made me feel very good that they were enjoying the dressing up. Guests included recording superstar Prince, arbitrageur and investment banker Gordon Gekko, the mercenary Jayne Cobb, a luchador, a cat, a sexy cat, and a tobacco water pipe.

Dia de Los Muertos ofrenda:



Creepy decals my mom sent me:
Spooky cobweb in the entryway:
Delicious food and LOTS OF CANDY:


Candy corn popcorn balls (these are ridiculous):


Roasted pumpkin seeds with cardamom:Pumpkin & feta muffins (that are pumpkin shaped!) and a cupcake:
Pumpkin-shaped cocoa krispy treats with Halloween sprinkles:
Sugar cookie scones with vanilla frosting and broken decorations:
Graveyard Sludge:
Jello shots with candy bones:


Also, the lovely flowers that are on my table this week:

1 comment:

hoagiefest 2020 said...

What an awesome idea to throw a big Halloween party in a place where H-ween doesn't seem like a big whoop. Also good to see that "sexy cat" transcends borders and oceans.